Dalles Mountain 60 – March 9, 2013 – 10:00 a.m.
It’s that time again folks… Here are a few to things keep in mind about the big day:
- We’ll roll out from Holstein’s Coffee Co. in The Dalles at 10:00 a.m. – sharp! Remember to park on the street, not in Holstein’s lot.
- This is a fully unsupported ride – be prepared to take care of yourself. We take no responsibility whatsoever for anything you do before, during or after your ride.
- This is a bike ride. It’s not a race, event or the like.
- This is a pretty friendly introduction to gravel riding.
- Most people ride road bikes, but touring and cross bikes are also common. I personally think the optimal tire is around 28-32c. Anything more is overkill.
- Access to the top of Maryhill Loops has become more difficult of late. I’ve heard there is now a clear “No Trespassing” sign at the gate. We aren’t telling you what to do, just warning you. There is an easy alternate route if you so choose, it’s just not as much fun as the loops.
- The actual ride details, GPS data, etc. can be found here. I need to re-check the cue sheet and will post it here in a few weeks.